How to Tie a Double Half-Hitch Knot
When it's necessary to secure an object and prevent it from moving, a double half-hitch knot serves as an effective security method. This knot is fast and easy to tie and it unties quickly as well. With practice, you can become adept at tying this knot, enabling you to use it when necessary.
Things You'll Need
- Climbing Ropes
Hold the end of the rope in your right hand and the rest of the rope in your left. For ease in describing how to tie this knot, the part of the rope in your left hand will be identified as "A" and the part in your right hand will be called "B."
Loop B around from right to left behind the object to which you're tying the rope..
Loop it again, below the first loop, so it's wrapped twice around the post or pole. Part B should still be in your right hand and A in your left, with B crossing below A, forming an X.
Poke the end of B down through the hole formed at the top of the X. Again, B should be in your right hand.
Wrap B around A, crossing first over the top, then underneath.
Bring the end up through the loop formed and pull the knot tight.
- How to Tie a Slipknot for Bracelets
- How to Tie Dye a Heart T-Shirt
- How to Make Homemade Tie-Dye
- Instructions for How to Tie-Dye
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Tie-Dye With Food Coloring & ...
- How to Tie-Dye T-Shirts With Sharpies ...
- How to Tie the Bow on Moccasins
- How to Tie-Dye With Permanent Markers ...