How to Make Things From Duct Tape
With versatility and durability, duct tape is the source of a modern craft craze that both children and adults are using. Whether it is something as simple as a flexible, fashionable wallet or something with a little more space, like duct-tape luggage, use these steps to solve a sticky situation and create a useful duct-tape invention.
Things You'll Need
- Duct tape
Purchase some duct tape. Any hardware or all-purpose department store will carry a variety of duct-tape brands. Even pharmacies, grocers and convenience stores almost always carry this common product.
Gather your tools. It is a good idea to work on a cutting board, but if you don't want to get that fancy, hard cardboard or discarded scrap wood are good substitutes. Some brands of duct tape can be torn but you will need to have a knife, scissors or an Exacto blade ready just in case. Also, your hands can get sticky. Moist towelettes aren't necessary but can be very helpful.
Determine what you want to make, how many and how much tape you will need. A small duct-tape wallet won't use much tape, but something larger like a purse or backpack may require a roll or two.
Sketch out a drawing or talk out a plan of action. Consult a fellow duct-tape inventor. If your intention is to make a purse, for example, the vision in your mind may be difficult to create. Duct tape is versatile, but it has limitations.
Refer to duct-tape resources on the Web for ideas, advice and moral support. There are many valuable Internet resources for duct-tape lovers.
Start your duct-tape creation, but make sure to allow yourself enough space and time. Making any craft is time-consuming, but duct-tape creations do not have a lot of precedence. A simple duct-tape wallet may take days to perfect!
- Colored duct tape can really spice up your creation.
- Wash your hands before and after dealing with duct tape for long periods of time. The adhesive may be irritating to your skin.
- How to Use Double Sided Tape
- What Are Some Different Types of Tape?
- How to Use Straws to Make a Tower
- Things to Make Out of Horseshoes
The Perfect App for Crafters
- Fun Things That Kids Can Do at Home
- How to Make a Paper Crown
- Things to Make Out of Recycled Products ...
- How to fold an origami box with lid