How to Make a Rubber Band Bracelet
While it may not be a look that appeals to everyone, a style trend that turns everyday items into jewelry may get your DIY juices flowing. The nice part about this fad is the materials are cheap or free -- you just need to go through your desk or junk drawer to have all you need for a jewelry box full of stylish, creative new fashion accessories, like a rubber band bracelet.
Things You'll Need
- Rubber bands in two different colors
Select two rubber bands to use for your bracelet. While the theory behind this fashion accessory is based on turning everyday items into fashion hits, you don't want to use just any rubber bands.Go with the kind that are somewhat thick so they hold up to the wear and tear of everyday life once you have transformed them into a bracelet.
Insert one rubber band, call it rubber band "A," through the center of the second band, rubber band "B," so one rubber band is hanging from the other.
Bring the ends of the rubber band "A" together while "B" remains hanging..
Keep the ends of rubber band "A" together in your hand and bring the ends of rubber band "B" together in the same way. Slide your arm through the opening in the center of the two linked rubber bands and proudly wear your very own homemade rubber-band bracelet.
- Use contrasting colors to make a bold statement.
- Wear the rubber band bracelet higher on your arm for a different look.
- Wear several rubber band bracelets in various colors at the same time.
- Consider using hair ties to make your rubber band bracelet. Hair ties are available in almost any color and they tend to be stronger than most run of the mill rubber bands. They are also designed to prevent hair pulling so if you choose them to make your rubber band bracelet with, your bracelet will be more comfortable to wear.
- Add designs to thick rubber bands with a fine-tipped permanent marker before weaving them together.
- Be sure the rubber band bracelet fits comfortably and not tightly. A tight-fitting bracelet can cause circulation problems.