How to Make a Poly Deco Mesh Garland Wreath
Whether you're crafting a wreath for your home's entrance way or making a gift for a special family member or friend, these wreaths will stand out from among the ordinary. Poly deco mesh garland is a decorative mesh-like ribbon that can be used to make wreaths. Made by tying the mesh in colorful and fluffy loops onto the circumference of a wreath form, you can personalize the wreath with extra adornments when you're finished to make it one-of-a-kind.
Things You'll Need
- Grape vine or wire-work wreath form (24-inch)
- Poly deco mesh ribbon garland
- 2-inch-wide satin ribbon (in coordinating colors)
Cut 8 pieces of the 2-inch-wide satin ribbon, making each piece 10 inches long.
Place the free end of the poly deco mesh ribbon garland at the bottom center of the wreath. Wrap one of the 10-inch piece of satin ribbon around both the wreath and mesh ribbon and tie it in a double knot to secure it.
Turn the wreath counterclockwise 2 inches from the starting position, drawing out more mesh garland from the roll as you turn the wreath. Tie the garland to the wreath with another piece of 2-inch ribbon. Pull the garland up between the two tie points to make it fluffy.
Continue turning the wreath and tying the mesh garland to it with the ribbon at 2-inch intervals. When you reach the starting point, use the last satin ribbon piece to tie the mesh garland to the wreath form. Cut the mesh garland off of the roll and trim the end as necessary. Pull up the mesh garland to make it even and fluffy all the way around the wreath.
- You can add more color and volume to the wreath by securing additional layers of the garland onto the wreath.
- Deco Mesh Wreaths; Leisure Arts
- How to Make a Wreath With Tulle
- How to Make Wine Cork Wreaths
- How to Decorate a Christmas Tree With ...
- How to Make a Bow With Wire Ribbon
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Make Irish Lace
- How to Crochet a Scrubbie From Tulle ...
- How to Use a Decorative Mesh Ribbon
- How to Make Paper Poinsettia Flowers