How to Make Paper Origami With Post-Its
Post-it Notes make wonderful miniature origami designs and creatures. The paper is the ideal weight for origami projects and any origami design may be made from the perfectly cut square Post-it Note paper.
Things You'll Need
- 6 sheets Post-it Notes
Origami Modular Star Instructions
Remove one sheet of Post-it Notes. Fold the paper in half both vertically and horizontally with the colored side up. Press and crease firmly. Fold the paper diagonally by matching corners. Press and crease firmly. Repeat with the other corners.
Tuck the horizontal line point into the center of the square. Repeat with the other horizontal line point. Flatten the pyramid shaped triangle. The diagonal creases will allow for the paper to be pushed into the center. The fold lines bend inward.
Fold the bottom front point of the pyramid shaped triangle to the top point on the pyramid shaped triangle. Press and crease firmly then unfold. Repeat the process with the other three corners. This is the leg of the modular star.
Repeat Steps 1 through 3 until there are a total of six pyramid shaped folded triangles.
Insert one leg of one pyramid shaped triangle into the bottom opening of one leg on a second pyramid shaped triangle. Push the leg all the way in. The end result will have a straight top, two straight sides and two pointed legs on the bottom that form a pyramid shaped triangle with the void.
Look at the top straight edge and insert a finger into the folded pocket. Pull the pocket open and refold the creased lines outward creating a diamond shaped pocket.
Repeat Step 5 and 6 until all pyramid shaped triangles have been added to the modular star.
- The modular star can be made larger by adding more of the pyramid shaped triangles.
- Download the origami modular star diagram in Resources.
- Hemera Technologies/Photos.com/Getty Images
- How to fold an origami box with lid
- How to fold an origami shirt from a ...
- How to Fold an Origami Five-Point Star ...
- How to Make an Envelope From a Piece of ...
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Make a Paper Sword
- How to Make a Paper Crown
- How to Make a Paper Race Car
- How to Fold a Dollar Bill Into a Flower