How to Make a Pajama Pants Pattern
Pajama pants or lounge pants are both fashionable and comfortable to wear for casual times at home. Pajama pants are also quite simple to sew. When you make a pattern from well-fitting pajama pants that you already have, you can easily sew a collection of these stylish garments in your favorite fabrics and colors.
Things You'll Need
- Pajama pants
- Wrapping paper, one roll
Unroll approximately 4 feet of the wrapping paper onto a large, flat work surface so that the plain underside of the wrapping paper faces up.
Fold the pajama pants in half with side seams matching. Make sure that the crotch is fully extended on one side.
Lay the pajama pants flat on the unrolled wrapping paper so that they can be fully extended. There should be at least 3 to 4 inches of wrapping paper surrounding the pants on each side.
Trace around the pants as close to the pants as possible. Trace around the pants again 1/2 inch larger than the first line to add a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Add 1 1/2 inches more along the waist edge and the bottom edge of the pants so that these two edges have a 2 inch seam allowance.
Cut out the pattern along the outer lines. This pattern piece will be the only piece necessary to make a pair of pajama pants.
- Gift wrapping paper can be purchased inexpensively at discount stores to use for making the pattern piece.
- How to Make a Magic Wrap Skirt Pattern
- How to Make a Pencil Skirt Pattern
- How to Make a Doo Rag Pattern
- How to Knit a Two-Color Pattern
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Sew a Skirt That Fits Without a ...
- How to Make Sock Monkey Patterns
- How to Cut & Sew a Patiala Salwar
- How to Make a Shirt From Scratch