How to Make No-Cook Play Dough Easily
Homemade play dough is nontoxic, and you can have your kids help you make it. When making homemade play dough with kids, using a no-cook recipe is safer because it avoids the need for your kids to be near the stove. In fact, your kids can make no-cook play dough with little assistance from you. Best of all, your kids can make homemade play dough any color they like because it is colored with food coloring.
Things You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- Mixing bowl
- 3 cup flour
- 1 cup salt
- Rubber spatula
- Food coloring
Combine 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of oil in a mixing bowl.
Add 3 cups of flour and 1 cup of salt. Use a rubber spatula to mix the ingredients together. Pick up a little dough with your fingers. If the dough sticks to your fingers, add flour 1 tsp. at a time until the dough no longer sticks to your fingers.
Color your play dough by adding a few drops of food coloring. If you are mixing two colors together to make another color, do so before you add it to your dough. Knead the dough with your hands until the color is completely blended in.
- Store play dough in a zip seal storage bag or plastic container with a lid in between uses. Add glitter to your play dough to make it fancier.
- Polka Dot/Polka Dot/Getty Images
- How to Make Handprint Molds
- How to Make a Paper Police Hat
- How to Make "Wizard of Oz" ...
- How to Make Native American Drums for ...
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Make a No Sew Cape With a Hood
- How to Make a Fleece Tie Sleeping Bag
- How to Make a Homemade Earring Holder
- How to Make Flowers Out of Tulle