How to Make a Minnie Mouse Hair Bow
A Minnie Mouse hair bow is a red and white spotted hair accessory worn by the famous Disney character, Minnie Mouse. Store-bought Minnie Mouse bows can be costly, but you can create your own hair bow for your youngster for a fraction of the price. She can wear the crafty bow as a stylish and fashionable accessory or use it to add the finishing touch to a Disney-themed costume.
Things You'll Need
- 5-inch-wide red and white polka-dot ribbon
- 1-inch red ribbon
- Glue gun with glue sticks
- Hair elastic or clip
Cut a 9-inch-long piece of ribbon.
Fold the two short ends of the ribbon inward until they are slightly overlapping at the back center of the ribbon. Apply a small amount of hot glue to one of the ribbon ends and glue it to the other end of ribbon.
Pinch the center of the ribbon. Arrange the folds of the ribbon to create a tidy bow shape.
Cut a 3-inch piece of 1-inch-wide red ribbon and wrap it around the center of the bow. Apply a small amount of hot glue to the back of the bow and glue the thin ribbon in place.
Trim off any excess ribbon with the scissors.
Attach the Minnie Mouse ribbon to a hair elastic or hair clip using hot glue. Press firmly as the glue begins to cool and hold for about a minute.
- Glue guns should only be used by adults.
- Secrets to Hair Bow Success; Jenn Spencer
- How to Make a Bow With Wire Ribbon
- How to Make Christmas Bows
- How to Tie the Bow on Moccasins
- How to Make Pew Bows With Tulle
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Decorate a Christmas Tree With ...
- How to Make a Colonial Style Apron ...
- How to Make Fluffy Tulle Skirts
- How to Make a Four Strand Round Braid