How to Make Knitted Dishcloths
Knitted dishcloths make practical housewarming gifts at any time of year and are a good project for the beginning knitter. This particular dishcloth requires only the knit stitch and simple increases and decreases at the ends of the rows to complete. These dishcloths are so quick to knit, you could make several in one day. The square dishcloth is knitted from corner to corner like a diamond. Yarn made from 100 percent cotton is recommended for its absorbency and durability.
Things You'll Need
- 1 ball 100 percent cotton worsted-weight yarn
- 14-inch knitting needles, size 5
- Yarn needle
Cast on three stitches and knit one row.
Increase in the first stitch of the next row by knitting into the front and back of the same stitch.
Knit across to the last stitch.
Increase again in the last stitch using the same method as in Step 2.
Repeat steps 2 through 4 to add one stitch on every row at the start and end of the piece until your dishcloth is the width you want it. This will be the midpoint of your dishcloth.
Knit two stitches together at the start of the next row, then knit across to the last two stitches. Knit those two stitches together.
Continue to decrease one stitch on each end of the row as explained in Step 6 until you have only three stitches left on the needle.
Bind off the last three stitches and use the yarn needle to weave in the loose ends.
- Instructions for Knitted Dog Sweaters
- How to Knit in the Stockinette Stitch
- Directions for How to Knit a Dog Sweater
- How to Knit a Hat With Straight Needles
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Do Viking Knit Jewelry
- How to Determine Right and Wrong ...
- How to Knit Dog Sweaters for Beginners
- How to Knit an Infinity Scarf