How to Make Jewelry
How to Make Jewelry. Designing and constructing your own jewelry can be a very satisfying hobby. Whether you want to make a simple macramé bracelet or explore the art of lost wax casting, you create something that is uniquely yours!
Things You'll Need
- Jewelry Beads
- Jewelry Clasps
- Jewelry Findings
- Jewelry Supplies
- Jewelry Making Books
- Tweezers For Jewelry Making
- Jewelry Charms
- Internet Access
- Jewelry Wire
- Pliers For Jewelry Making
Educate yourself in the area of jewelry making that most interests you. Look for information on the Internet, in libraries and in bookstores.
Get some hands-on experience in your chosen area of jewelry making. You can easily learn some techniques - such as bead stringing - from books alone. Other techniques, such as various forms of metal casting, are best learned from a qualified instructor.
Find out what materials or equipment you will need in order to successfully complete your jewelry projects. Look at the tools you already have around the house. Consider the space in your home or workshop to store equipment and materials?
Consider the cost of your new hobby. Can you afford to buy the needed equipment and materials? Will you need to rent time, space or equipment in someone else's studio or workshop?
Evaluate the amount of time you have to invest in a hobby and choose an area of jewelry making that fits your schedule.
- Explore jewelry-making courses offered by your local college or parks and recreation department. Some Internet sites even offer online classes.
- How to Make Crochet Hoop Earrings
- How to Melt Plastic Beads as an Art ...
- How to Make Bracelets With Soda Can Tabs
- How to Make a Macrame Necklace
The Perfect App for Crafters
- Engraving Message Ideas
- How to Crochet a Bead Bracelet With ...
- How to Tie a Slipknot for Bracelets
- How to Bend Antique Silverware