How to Make a Hanging Mason Jar Candle Holder
Recycle Mason jars into simple candle holders to add an element of shabby chic style to the interior or exterior of your home. One Mason jar candle holder provides a soft, warm glow while a group of them hung outdoors from hooks or tree branches provide light and decoration for an outdoor party. Use them as an inexpensive lighting option to guide your party guests to the evening's festivities.
Things You'll Need
- Clean towel
- 24-gauge craft wire
- Wire cutters
- Votive candle
Wash the empty Mason jar in hot, soapy water, then rinse and allow the jar to dry upside down on a clean towel.
Use wire cutters to snip a piece of 24-gauge craft wire at least 16 to 20 inches longer than the diameter of the Mason jar.
Wrap the piece of craft wire around the top of the mason jar -- just under the threads -- to form a wire loop. Allow at least 8 inches of wire to trail. Twist the wire together with pliers to close the loop while keeping the ends of the wire at equal lengths.
Bend the ends of the trailing wire over the top of the mason jar until they meet the opposite side of the wire loop to form curved handles.
Slip the ends of the wire handles between the wire loop and the jar. Bend the tips of the wire up to secure the handles to the wire loop. Use the pliers to ensure the wire is affixed tightly enough to hold the jar securely.
Pour 2 inches of colorful craft sand into the Mason jar and nestle a votive candle into the sand.
Display the Mason jar candle holder by hanging it from a branch, plant hanger or nail using the wire handle.
- Paint the outside of your Mason jar with glass paint to give your candle holder the appearance of stained glass.
- Thread beads onto the wire handles for added decoration before securing them to the opposite side of the wire loop in Step 5.
- empty glass jar image by vadim kozlovsky from Fotolia.com
- How to Make Floating Paper Lanterns
- How to Make a Wire Hanger Mobile
- How to Make a Handkerchief Angel
- How to Make Quilling Paper
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Make a Handprint of a Baby With ...
- Stained Glass Crafts for Kids
- Wedding Centerpiece Ideas that Include ...
- How to Make Tissue Pom Poms