How to make baby washcloth lollipops
Baby washcloth lollipops are a non-edible treat that can be given as a gift to a new mother or used as a party favor at a baby shower for a memorable keepsake for each guest. The lollipops are relatively inexpensive gift or party favors and you can choose washcloths in colors that complement the theme of the baby shower. Add a simple ribbon to add a festive flair and give the lollipops to the new mother when the shower's over to enhance her nursery's decor.
Things You'll Need
- Baby washcloths
- Cellophane wrap
- Elastic bands
- Lollipop sticks or thin wooden dowels
- 1/2-inch-wide ribbon
Lay the baby washcloth on your work surface with any side facing upward. Fold about 1-inch of one edge of the washcloth over and smooth the fold line.
Fold over another inch of the washcloth along the same edge and continue until you have folded the entire washcloth to make a long strip that is about 1-inch wide.
Roll up the strip like a jellyroll.
Cut a square of clear or semi-transparent cellophane wrap and wrap the square around the jellyroll.
Gather the cellophane wrap underneath the jellyroll and wrap an elastic band around the cellophane to keep it in place.
Slide a lollipop stick or thin wooden dowel through the cellophane and slide it into the elastic band to hold it in place.
Cut a 10-inch-long piece of 1/2-inch wide ribbon. Wrap the ribbon over top of the elastic band and tie the ribbon in a bow.
- To turn the baby washcloth lollipops into a small bouquet, make three or four lollipops, gather them together in your hand and tie a ribbon around the lollipop sticks to keep them together.
- To make a large, centerpiece display of the lollipops, use long, thin wooden dowels for the lollipop sticks. Make 10 to 12 lollipops. Fill the bottom of a vase with green floral foam and insert the ends of the sticks into the foam. Wrap a large 2-inch-wide ribbon around the vase and tie it in a bow.
- How to Make a Handprint of a Baby With ...
- Ideas for Baby Diaper Crafts
- How to Sew a Baby Shopping Cart Cover
- How to Loom Knit Baby Booties
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Knit A Simple Baby Blanket
- How to Make a Diaper Out of Paper
- How to Make a Wreath With Tulle
- How to Crochet Booties for Beginners