How to Fold Paper Money Into Heart Shapes
The Japanese art of folding paper is called "origami" and paper money can be used for folding. There are many different shapes and ways to fold paper money into interesting and entertaining shapes for gift giving or just for fun. Start learning how to fold paper money by choosing a basic heart shape. You can practice with a piece of paper cut in the shape of a dollar bill until you perfect your technique.
Things You'll Need
- Dollar bill
- Piece of paper cut to the size of a dollar bill.
Fold the bill in half lengthwise. Crease the fold and unfold. Fold the bill in half width-wise. Crease the fold and unfold.
Place the bill on a flat surface with the back of the bill facing up. Fold the bottom of the bill up so the bottom edge aligns with the lengthwise center crease. Crease this fold well and leave it folded.
Bring the right bottom corner of the bill up toward the center of the bill and align the bottom edge of the bill with the width-wise center crease. Crease this fold well. Repeat the same fold with the left bottom corner of the bill.
Turn the bill over and fold in the right edge of the bill so the right side edge of the bill is even with the width-wise center crease of the bill. Repeat with the left side edge of the bill and crease these folds well.
Notice the top left and right flaps. Fold both flaps down halfway to leave the top flaps half the original size.
Fold both outer and inner corners of the two top flaps in at a diagonal to create two pointed tops of the heart.
Turn the bill over to show a simple heart shape.
- Using crisp dollar bills for best results.
- PhotoObjects.net/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
- How to fold an origami box with lid
- How to Fold an Origami Five-Point Star ...
- How to Fold a Paper Pirate Hat
- How to Make a Diaper Out of Paper
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Make a Model of the Human Heart ...
- Paper Napkin Folding Ideas
- How to fold an origami shirt from a ...
- How to Make Quilling Paper