How to Decorate a Trunk for Halloween
If you are participating in a "trunk or treat," this Halloween, try a few captivating ideas for decorating inside the trunk of your car. Many communities have begun holding these celebrations as a safer alternative to the more traditional door-to-door candy fest. Trunk-or-treat allows acquaintances to congregate in a parking lot, open their car trunks, decorate the insides and pass out candy to the children who trick-or-treat from car to car.
Things You'll Need
- Black plastic garbage bags
- 4 to 5 bags of candy
- Fruit basket
- Small hay bale
- Assorted fall decor
- 3 to 4 cable ties
- Angry jack-o'-lantern
- LED tealight
- Scary masks
- Fabric ghosts
- Black, plastic cauldron
- 2 fashion dolls
- Castle poster
- Pink tulle, several yards
- Glass dish
Open your car trunk and line the inside with black, plastic garbage bags.
To create a fall harvest theme, place a small bale of hay in the corner of your trunk. Add a scarecrow, some fake crows and pumpkins. Use cable ties to hang a few bundles of Indian corn from your trunk lid. Display your candy in an old fruit basket.
Make your trunk frightening by adding scary decorations such as an angry jack-o'-lantern housing an LED tealight, bloody monster masks or fabric ghosts made from sheets with eyes and a mouth drawn on with a permanent marker. Display your candy in a black, plastic cauldron. Consider the venue of your trunk-or-treat before you make the decision to go scary. Many church groups and community organizations frown on gory Halloween decor.
For a fairy-tale trunk-or-treat, place a pair of fashion dolls dressed as fairy-tale characters in the trunk. Hang a poster with a picture of castle on it at the back of your trunk to provide a setting. Display your candy in the center in an elegant glass dish surrounded by waves of pink tulle.
- Keep extra bags of candy in the car in case your trunk becomes the most popular candy stop.
- Don't allow children to climb into the trunk of a car -- ever, for any reason.
- Scary Homemade Halloween Yard Props
- How to Decorate With Clear Glass ...
- How to Decorate Plastic Cups
- How to Decorate a Wedding Reception ...
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Make an Ancient Egyptian Costume
- How to Decorate Columns for Wedding
- How to Decorate a Ceiling at a Wedding ...
- How to Make a Fun House Mirror