How to Decorate a Front Porch for Autumn
A well decorated front porch makes a house look and feel festive, and fall is that time of year to celebrate the harvest. The possibilities for porch decor in the fall are endless. Use simple, seasonal decorations to rein in the fun of this season.
Things You'll Need
- Garland of leaves
- Fall wreath
- Wreath hanger
- Dried corn stalks
- Hay bale
- Old clothes or pre-made scarecrow
- Welcome sign
Place pumpkins on the porch. Use different sizes; groupings of three look best.
Dangle a garland of fall leaves over the front door. Garlands that include acorns and fall berries add an extra nice touch.
Hang a fall wreath from the door. A simple grapevine wreath will look great, but a wreath that matches the garland will also look attractive.
Purchase dried corn stalks. Place the corn stalks on bales of hay in corners on the porch.
Make a scarecrow from old clothing, or purchase one. Sit the scarecrow on the bail of hay or patio furniture.
Put small pumpkins on the borders of any gardens. Gourds also look nice and will add a variety of color. Gauge the size of the gourds to the size of the garden.
Hang a fall themed welcome sign on the house exterior near the door. Welcome signs can be purchased at arts and craft stores, home improvement and specialty shops.
- A wreath/garland made from artificial leaves can be used over many seasons.
- Stuff the scarecrow with newspaper.
- Spray the porch for bugs. Bugs love to nest in hay and corn stalks.
- Pumpkins will rot if the weather is warm. Do not plan on using the ones you display for Halloween carving.
- How to Decorate Plastic Cups
- How to Decorate a Wedding Reception ...
- How to Decorate Outdoors for Halloween
- Instructions for Knitted Dog Sweaters
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Decorate Columns for Wedding
- How to Decorate a Ceiling at a Wedding ...
- How to Decorate Wedding Reception Head ...
- How to Iron Leaves on Wax Paper