How to Decorate Flip Flops
Flip flops are a fun and fashionable piece of footwear perfect for the sunny summer months. They come in a variety of styles and colors that match any outfit. It is possible to have as many different types of flip flops as you want by decorating them yourself with your favorite accessories. It is an inexpensive way to change your look and have fun with a craft.
Things You'll Need
- Flip flops
- White glue
- Glitter paint
- Silk flowers
Purchase inexpensive flip flops to decorate. You can usually find a good variety at a local hobby and craft shop or a department store. Find a pair with wide straps that do not have any decorations on them.
Buy the embellishments that you want to use to decorate the flip flops. These can run the gamut from simple ribbons to fancy rhinestones. A craft and hobby store is a place to find embellishments as they provide one-stop shopping for flip flops and the items to decorate them.
Use glitter paint to decorate around the outside of the flip flop. Use a paintbrush to apply. Brush the glitter on the straps, or leave plain and decorate with feathers or buttons.
Choose two beautiful silk flowers at the craft store. Glue one onto each flip flop at the point where the straps come together.
Decorate flip flops to match a wedding dress. Strings of pearls and dazzling rhinestones can glam up a pair of plain flip flops. They make a very comfortable alternative for wedding footwear. Extend the flip flop decorating to the bridesmaids and flower girls as well. Match or coordinate the color of the flip flops and add embellishments to the attendant's dresses.
- Use white household glue or low temperature hot glue to embellish your flip flops.
- Let all decorations on flip flops dry overnight before wearing. Let the glue completely dry so there will be less chance of having an embellishment fall off.
- Don't use brads or rhinestones that poke through the top of the flip flop. They will rub on your skin and cause discomfort.
- How to Decorate a Wedding Reception with Fabric
- How to Decorate Outdoors for Halloween
- How to Decorate Columns for Wedding
- How to Decorate a Ceiling at a Wedding Reception ...
- How to Decorate Wedding Reception Head Table With ...
- How to Decorate Your Car Trunk for Trick or Treat
- Paper Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- The Red, White and Black Wedding Centerpiece Ideas