How to Crochet a Scrubbie From Tulle Netting
A crocheted scrubbie or scrub pad made of tulle ribbon not only looks great on your sink, but is abrasive enough to make your toughest messes disappear. A round pad, big enough to fit in the palm of your hand, rinses easily and can also be washed with your laundry and hung to dry. Tulle ribbon is nylon mesh fabric and comes in a wide variety of colors so you can make a scrubbie to match your kitchen, whatever its color.
Things You'll Need
- Tulle ribbon, 4-inches wide
- Craft knife
- Size J crochet hook
Cut a 4-inch-wide roll of tulle in half with a sharp craft knife. You should have two 2-inch-wide rolls now. You'll crochet the tulle as though it were yarn.
Chain five with your J hook. Slip stitch through the first stitch to make a circle. The tulle stretches and compresses into a strand like thick yarn as you work it.
Single crochet twice in each stitch around the circle, making 10 stitches. Single crochet in the last stitch, chain two and turn.
Single crochet in the next stitch and double in the next around. Single crochet in the first stitch, chain two and turn. Repeat this step until your scrubbie is the size you want it to be. Pull the tail through the last loop and tie off the end.
- Scrubbies can go right in the washing machine or dishwasher for cleaning.
- Jupiterimages/liquidlibrary/Getty Images
- How to Decorate a Ceiling at a Wedding ...
- How to Decorate Wedding Reception Head ...
- How to Make Fluffy Tulle Skirts
- How to Crochet a Bead Bracelet With ...
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Crochet a Cardigan
- Choosing Japanese Crochet Patterns
- How to Make a Wreath With Tulle
- Crochet Towel Topper Instructions