How to Crochet a Necklace With Ribbon Yarn
Crocheted ribbon yarn necklaces add a sophisticated and elegant accent to any outfit. You can create different necklaces just by changing the color of the ribbon yarn. Crocheted necklaces are also ideal for those who are sensitive to the metals found in costume jewelry. Crocheting with ribbon yarn can be a bit difficult, especially because it tends to twist, but with some patience you can create beautiful accessories that complement any outfit.
Things You'll Need
- Ribbon yarn
- Size J crochet needle
- Button of your choice
Chain stitch as many stitches as needed to go around your neck with your J hook. Chain stitch an additional inch.
Insert your crochet hook into the second chain from the end.The hook should be under both stitches of the chain, or the upper "V."
Crochet a single crochet stitch in each chain stitch until the end. Cut your ribbon yarn and pull it through the last stitch. This tightens it. Tuck the yarn in the end with your finger or crochet hook.
Sew a button onto one end of the necklace using a thread and needle. The button should be placed a 1/2 inch from the end of the necklace.
Place the necklace around your neck and fasten the button with the open crochet stitch at the other end.
- It is best to learn basic crochet techniques before attempting this necklace.
- Crochet multiple necklaces in range of coordinating colors and wear them together. You can even temporarily braid three together.
- How to Crochet Animal Print Patterns
- How to Crochet a Soda Tab Purse
- How to Crochet a Bead Bracelet With ...
- How to Add New Yarn When Knitting
The Perfect App for Crafters
- How to Easily Crochet a Slouch Hat
- How to Crochet a Scrubbie From Tulle ...
- How to keep a ribbon from fraying
- How to Knit Yarn Over