How to Build a Leprechaun Trap With Your Kids
St. Patrick's Day is not just a day for pinching people who are not wearing green. It's a day that celebrates the lore and traditions of Ireland, and many of those traditions can be made into an entertaining family project. One of the best known tales of the Emerald Isle involves the wee little leprechauns and the three wishes they will grant if you ever catch one. Building a leprechaun trap with your kids can help you begin your own St. Paddy's Day traditions.
Things You'll Need
- Construction paper
- Leprechaun bait
Wrap the outside of the shoebox with construction paper. Choose a color that will be easy to draw on, such as white, beige or light green for a themed color. Cover the inside of the shoebox with the same paper.
Draw images on the shoebox that the leprechaun would find enticing, such as rainbows and four-leaf clovers. More pictures means a better chance of capturing the leprechaun. You can use stickers and stamps, too.
Glue glitter all over the shoebox. Leprechauns are attracted to sparkling objects that remind them of gold.
Place the shoebox with the open part facing down over your leprechaun bait, which could be gold chocolate coins or toy jewelry.
Prop the shoebox up with the pencil. Leprechauns are known to jump up and down when they find a pot of gold or something else of monetary value. The leprechaun's celebration will knock the pencil out of its position and the shoebox will come down, trapping the leprechaun.
- Once you capture the leprechaun, do not take your eyes off him because he can vanish in an instant.
- Do not believe anything the leprechaun says after you capture him. Leprechauns will say anything to get away.
- Craft Project for Kids: Leprechaun Trap
- St. Patrick's Day Crafts; Carol Gnojewski
- Easy Things to Build With Wood for Kids
- Kids' Statue of Liberty Crafts
- How to Make Native American Drums for ...
- Easy Christian Valentine Crafts for Kids
The Perfect App for Crafters
- Stained Glass Crafts for Kids
- Ceramic Tile Crafts for Kids
- How to Build a Colonial Log Cabin for a ...
- How to Build a Fake Fire for Kids